Designation: Chief Operations Manager / General Manager (Female )
Qualification : MBA/ Masters degree / MBA in Agribusiness Management / Graduate or Post-graduate in Rural Development Management or Associate degree in agriculture-related courses, farm management or Agricultural economics.
Experience : Minimum 8 yrs Exp at a senior Managerial position in any Agro based Company
Excellent business skills, including knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping, in order to manage financial records and client transactions
Employee management and decision-making skills
They must also have advanced knowledge with mechanical equipments and other agriculture-related machinery.
Job Profile :
1. Will be responsible for business operations of the organisation by providing leadership and development of the organisation maintaining the certification standards.
2. Legal compliance
- Assures the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
3. Mission, policy and planning
- Helps the Board determine organisation values, mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals.
- Helps the Board monitor and evaluate organisations relevancy to the community, its effectiveness, and its results.
- Keeps the Board fully informed on the condition of organisation and on all the
important factors influencing it.
- Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its committees; and, facilitates discussion and
- Informs the Board and its committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making. Recommends policy positions.Keeps informed of developments in human services, profit management and governance, philanthropy and fund development.
4. Management and administration
- Provides general oversight of all comany activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
- Assures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff and volunteers. Assures process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff and volunteers.
- Recommends staffing and financing to the Board of Directors. In accordance with Board action, recruits personnel, negotiates professional contracts, and sees that appropriate salary structures are developed and maintained.
- Specifies accountabilities for management personnel (whether paid or volunteer) and evaluates performance regularly.
- Building and maintaining strong business relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and faithfulness.
- Helps the Board articulate its own role and accountabilities and that of its committees and individual members, and helps evaluate performance regularly.
- Works with the Board President / Chair to enable the Board to fulfil its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
- With the Board President / Chair, focuses Board attention on long-range strategic
- Manages the Board’s due diligence process to assure timely attention to core issues.
- Works with the Board officers and committee chairs to get the best thinking and involvement of each Board member and to stimulate each Board member to give his or her best.
- Recommends volunteers to participate in the Board and its committees.
- Promotes programs and services that are produced in a cost-effective manner, employing economy while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Oversees the financial activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Works with Board to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals.
- Assures an effective fund development program by serving as the chief development officer or hiring and supervising an individual responsible for this activity.
- Helps guide and enable the Board, its fund development committee and its individual Board members to participate actively in the fund development process.
- Helps the Board and its development committee design, implement and monitor a viable fundraising plan, policies and procedures.
- Participates actively in identifying, cultivating and soliciting donor prospects. Assures the availability of materials to support solicitation. Assures the development and operation of gift
management systems and reports for quality decision-making.
7. Community relations
- Facilitates the integration of company into the fabric of the community by using effective marketing and communications activities.
- Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to company, its services and constituencies.
- Listens to clients, volunteers, donors and the community in order to improve services and generate community involvement. Assures community awareness of companys response to community needs.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for company, assuring proper representation of company to the community.
- Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key constituencies.
- Works with legislators, regulatory agencies, volunteers and representatives of the not for-profit sector to promote legislative and regulatory policies that encourage a healthy community and address the issues of company’s constituencies.
8. Other :
- Handles detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously, and makes rapid decisions regarding administrative issues
- Plans and implements programs. Establishes strong and appropriate relationships with Board, committees, volunteers, staff, donors and clients.
- Develops smooth and constructive relationships with executive colleagues, outside agencies, organizations and individuals.
- Plans and meets deadlines.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of management.
- Conveys a professional and positive image and attitude.
Work Location : Kottayam
Interested candidates apply online.